Thursday, December 12, 2013

Birds I have seen in my yard

This year the birds I have seen are Blue jays, Goldfinches, Juncos, Fox sparrows, Cardinals, Morning doves,White throated sparrows and hopefully I will see more! And the way to get a lot of birds is good seed and good feeders. watching birds at your feeders is a lot of fun! This year I have seen LOTS of woodpeckers like the Downy and the Red bellied.  Happy birding!




This is another photo
I took of a hawk that
comes around our
house!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful hawk! We have a red-shouldered that likes to hang around in our trees and we always enjoy watching it. We have a new feeder visitor, a Yellow-rumped Warbler! Our woodpeckers are gobbling up the suet and the Northern Flicker has even returned a few times for a suet snack. We had to switch to hot pepper suet because the squirrels wouldn't leave the other alone, that seems to have helped. Have you heard all of the exciting news about the Snowy Owl irruption? There's even been one spotted in the mountains of NC!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love watching our hawk. Sometimes he sits on our feeder. A snowy owl in NC thats awesome!!!! A Northern Flicker so cool!!! I am so glad you are reading my blog! Happy birding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're writing a blog, I look forward to reading each new entry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Blue,
    This is moonlight.That pic is so cool.I see red-tailed hawks all the time. I saw a bald eagle it was so pretty.I love your blog Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi moonlight wow you post a lot! :) When I go to your house I see lots of birds last summer I saw a hummingbird. So glad you comment! Happy birding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see lots of doves in your yard. I am so glad I comment too!
      Moonlight :-)

      Delete